The admission process reflects Franklin University’s and Modern College of Business and Science’s’ efforts to clearly identify the performance standards that can help predict student success in graduate level study. Moreover, they reflect regulations from the accrediting bodies: the Higher Learning Commission (US), Ministry of Higher Education (Oman), IACBE (US).
Requirements for admission in the Master’s of Business Administration include:
- a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a 2.75 GPA and above on a 4.0 scale
- proficiency in English at the level of: IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 80 (internet-based), 213 (computer-based), or 550 (paper-based). Applicants who have completed a degree in a country in which English is the only official language do not need to submit additional proof of English proficiency. Candidates who do not have IELTS nor TOEFL certificate, can take an Accuplacer test at MCBS.
The candidate’s work history, references, and other personal qualities and characteristics will be considered as well. An Academic Board reviews credentials of all the candidates. The Academic Board’s approval is of special importance for candidates who apply for a conditional admission.
What if I do not know my GPA?
Not all the institutions of higher education provide information on GPA, so you may not be sure if you qualify for admission. In such a case, you can send us your Bachelor’s transcript or bring to our office. The Office of International Students & Programs (OISP) at Franklin University will check your GPA, this process could take up to 10 working days.
Conditional admissions for candidates with GPA below 2,75
- If the GPA is between 2.5 to 2.74, a candidate may be conditionally admitted to the program; the requirement for such a candidate is to get a grade B or better for the first 2 courses within the MBA program, once the requirement is fulfilled candidate becomes a regular MBA student.
- If the GPA is between 2.0 to 2.49, candidate needs first to successfully complete a MBA Foundation Courses in Advanced Management Skills with an overall GPA of “B” or better and without any grade below “C”.
Subsequently the same procedure as GPA between 2.5 to 2.74 applies.
- GPA below 2.0 will not qualify for any kind of admission.
Candidates who need to improve their English skills may enroll into the English language program at MCBS. The program will enable to reach the level required for admission into the MBA.